WTF is Choice Gaming?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Murdox_Mobius, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Murdox_Mobius

Murdox_Mobius Global Admin Staff Member Global Admin Veteran

If you haven't seen yet Choicecraft is officially Choicegaming.net

So what is changing? Not a ton. We will still offer the support to the minecraft servers you know and love, but we will be rapidly expanding to other games and platforms. There will also be changes in staff titles so that Game Admins/Clan Leaders can be easily identified. Further more as mentioned in @EmrysK post, we now have steam integration.

Currently we have an Area for Clash of Clans on the forum, and @KVMS will be the clan leader for that. If you want to play just search "Choicegaming" on the clan screen.

Also for those of you that are Dirty Console Peasants I will be starting a CGN clan for a black ops 3 on PS4. Once things get going I will be starting a BF4, and when it's released a BF1, server.

We will be looking at a CSGO crew, and maybe @Entamer can start an overwatch crew....who knows the sky is the limit.

Happy Hunting

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. AncientEdits

AncientEdits Dirt Digger

I'd be interested in the CSGO crew :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheLetterFive

TheLetterFive Cobble Smasher Factions Moderator

What about Rocket League group? That would be ballin' SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!??!

4. TheLetterFive

ooo or American Truck Simulator online! We could convoy together! @Denz

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spell_Blade

Spell_Blade Global Admin Staff Member Global Admin Veteran

For those who are into MMOs, I play TERA - which is a Free to play fantasy-based MMORPG (with an option to sub monthly for some sweet perks). I'm willing to set up a guild if there are enough interested parties.

6. 3265MNE

3265MNE Dirt Digger

I wish I could like your post more than once.
    Sounds great! Anyone want to kill me in Half-Life 2 Deathmatch?

7. Rastow

Rastow Dirt Digger

I would like to see a League of Legends subforum and set up a ChoiceGaming team for the EU West server.

8. KVMS

KVMS Clash Of Clans Leader Clan Leader

This sounds great!

I am really liking how the Community is expanding its way through lots of games, great Job :)

9. Dr_Block_Head

Dr_Block_Head New Member

Would the CSGO team be EU and NA? Also it would be pretty cool to see some CC events/tournaments on other games for prizes in the MC server.

10. Healthing

Healthing Dirt Digger

add me on for csgo!

11. soperpen54

soperpen54 Dirt Digger

I'd be willing to set up a club for trove if anyone actually plays that other than myself.

12. sigiasd

sigiasd Dirt Digger

Active CSGO LoL Overwatch and WoW player :D

13. TheLetterFive

Yo I got trove that game is the bomb

14. MissingThought

MissingThought Dirt Digger

Bf1 on pc is going to be insane

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Midnight_Panda

Midnight_Panda New Member

The CSGO crew sounds interesting :) Hope it happens
    -Chrominq

16. With_Diamonds

With_Diamonds Log Puncher

I clicked on "WTF is Choice Gaming?" and I still don't know wtf Choice Gaming is.

This is the only new piece of information in the post about wtf Choice Gaming is.
    What does "expanding to other games and platforms" mean? besides providing a space in the forums for MC players to organize teams to play other games together, what does Choice Gaming do? are you going to host servers in these other platforms? How does this relate to the Minecraft servers? is Minecraft now one other game between all of these new games?

You mentioned "clan leaders".
    What are clan leaders? what do they do? there are clans? is there a Minecraft clan?

I don't know what these changes are in hopes of, and I am not in favor or against them. But I do believe that giving all of these other games the same status as Minecraft in the forums -at least for now- is a mistake.

Also, no matter what it is that Choice Gaming is, the website and the forums really need to be rethought, right now it is very messy and confusing. It gives the impression that not even Choice Gaming knows what Choice Gaming is.

17. KVMS

KVMS Clash Of Clans Leader Clan Leader

The idea of ChoiceCraft was to be a gaming community, so it was time to expand to other games then MineCraft, hence it changed to ChoiceGaming. That doesnt mean that there will be a specific server to each respective game, but atleast a team/ or any kind of formation to identify the community as it is in the original minecraft servers. For example, Clash Of Clans is a strategy game that requires to make a clan or so a 'team' to attack other teams, you cannot however make a CG server on it. So there is a clan to unite the original ChoiceGaming community. Personally I like how the changes are going, because it's nice to see the community you play with minecraft can actually accompany you in other games you both enjoy.

18. Spell_Blade

Spell_Blade Global Admin Staff Member Global Admin Veteran

Minecraft has been around for quite some time. Many players are now starting to wander away from it into other games. Since ChoiceCraft was originally meant to be a community, ChoiceGaming is intended to make sure that there is a means for that community to extend into other games. If not by providing a server for which to operate on, then by providing an in-game group for players to associate with.

Clan Leaders are for those who are participating in the game Clash of Clans.

If you want to create a "clan" in Minecraft on the servers, then you're free to take the initiative. "Build Teams" on WL-SMP are essentially like clans. They're a group of individuals who play together and share resources.

It'll take a while to get this all streamlined. We're still figuring out what games people want to extend communities into. Don't shoot it down yet before it gets a chance. Every idea takes time to be worked through and made into something solid, including this.

Once we get things a bit more solid, there will be a much cleaner forum to work in. Building on an idea such as this takes time and starts out a bit messy. As the saying goes: "In order to make art, you have to make a mess first."

• Like Like x 2