Latest WL_SMP News, until the sever will close.

Discussion in 'Mature SMP (Whitelist) Discussions' started by Muxee, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Muxee

Muxee WLSMP Server Admin Staff Member Game Admin Veteran

Hello all appreciated WL_SMP player. :)

We have been discussing, how we can make the time enjoyable for all of you, until the server will close for good.

1. We will set the server to Creative, so you can finish any builds you have not finished yet.
    Why this drastic change?
    It is so you can have all blocks available, you can fly, to take screenshots, to place difficult blocks and so on.

2. When there is ONE week left, we will make sure the map will be saved, so you can download it, as it is.

3. In the last week, before the closure, we will remove the whitelist, :eek: PvP protection, grief protection etc, so if you wish, you can have a feast on the server and do everything you, maybe, always have wished for. :p

If you should have other suggestions, please let us know. It might be something we can do, here in the end. :)

If I should not see any of you, in-game, I would like this opportunity to say thank you, to each of you, for being here this long.
    It is YOU, who have made this server what it was and has been.
    We have had many enjoyable moments over the years - and I do appreciate everyone of you. :cool:
    THANK YOU!!

PS:
    I would also like to say thank you Niko, you have been a great help, in the short time you was my co-Game Admin. :cool: I appreciate all the help. :)
    Unfortunately, Niko don't want to be Admin anymore. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DoctorSlimeLord

DoctorSlimeLord Log Puncher

WOAH are you sure bout the last week thing...
    :eek:that could end BAAADLY. Is there going to be any way to protect your plot

3. Muxee

Hey Doctor Slime Lord. :)
    Look at point 2 please:
    This will mean, before the last week, the map and your builds will be, exactly as they should be, untouched, so if you are downloading the map, nothing will have changed.
    It is AFTER the map has been saved, the last week before the server will close down, that we will allow the server to be "blown up", :eek: if you can say it that way, o_O for everyone to have fun. :D

4. Eclipser

Eclipser New Member

What World maps will me be able to get all in all? Because there are worlds withing worlds in the choicecraft mature server.

5. Schrado

Schrado Creative and Prison Server Admin Staff Member Game Admin Skyblock Moderator SMP Recruiter

Oh, it would be cool to get main and trial. I hadn't even thought about the trial world before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Muxee

Hello Eclipser and Schrado. :)
    The plan is, for players, to be able to download the main world, but if someone would like to be able to download the Trial world as well, we will need a little help from our dear Tech people, to do both for us. :)

PS:
    I have set the WL_SMP server to run in Creative mode. It is working with access to all blocks, the only thing that still doesn't work is for players to be able to fly. :confused:
    As soon as possible, we hope this can be fixed, so players can fly as well. (cross fingers here) :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Muxee

You can all fly now. :eek:
    Thanks Henry for your help. :)

8. KVMS

KVMS Clash Of Clans Leader Clan Leader

Both very sad and sorry I wasn't able to log on WLSMP. I was excited when I hit 16 just to apply. But my current life was really busy. I know it would have been an amazing experience for me since the server must have been well made with great staff.

9. Muxee

Hello KVMS. :)
    Thank you for your kind words. :cool:
    When we are hitting the last week, before the servers will close down, we will open our WL_SMP server for everybody, so if you wish, you will be very welcome to have a look at what we have been up to. :)
    I know, it is not the same, but it is the best we can offer, as the situation is. o_O
    Good luck to you, with your future. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. danielsen

danielsen Veteran Veteran

Haven't been able to connct to the servers since the news about removing the server was official... :(

11. Muxee

Hello Danielsen. :)
    Nothing has changed, so I am not sure why you're having problems... :confused:

Only thing I can think of is, that you'll need to make sure your client is set to Version 1.9.4
    The address is the same: smp.choicecraft.net

I hope this helped, even that it is not much?
    Very much good luck. :cool:

12. danielsen

danielsen Veteran Veteran

How could you know? It work'd :)

Now to replace all the blockz with TNT:cool:

13. Muxee

Krapy had the same problem, when I asked him to test things for me. :cool: So I thought your problem would be the same and I am really glad it worked for you too. :D
    Hehe :D

14. Ross

Ross Log Puncher

Changing to creative is kind of bold. When you say you've set it to creative, does that include the ability to switch to survival if we want to?
    It'd be nice if when the server is put up for download cheatcodes/commands are enabled too, so we can switch to however we want to play on singleplayer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Muxee

Hello Ross. :)
    I'm sorry you're seeing it this way. :(
    I had to make a tough decision of what would be the best way to satisfy the very, very few players, who maybe would visit, until the server will close for good.

A way for players to finish their builds, without the need of spending a lot of time in Explore to collect the needed materials, and for players to be able to fly, to take screenshots of their builds, where it would be difficult without being able to fly.
    (Fly is something several players have been asking for a lot, in the past. But I always said NO way. :eek:)
    So it is not my personal favorite way either, but I had to think of what players maybe would like, here in the end. o_O

When the server is set to creative, it is not possible for players to change to survival. I am really sorry, but it is creative for good, until the server is no more. :confused:

As you can see, I did ask all of you for opinions and suggestions, in my first post here, before the server was changed, to give you all a chance to let me know, what you thought, but got none, so yes, I took it up to myself to make this hard decision. :rolleyes:

And yes, the map will be up for download, after the server is gone, so you can decide for yourself, which mode you would like to play with, on your own. :cool:
    I will hear the very nice tech people, when the server will be up for download, if this is possible and to help me with it. (crossing fingers here. :D)

I can see you're not happy with what I have done, so please forgive me for making this decision, it was not fun, it was not what I personal would like, but it was the best I could do, as the situation is now. :eek:

Thank you and please take good care of yourself. :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Schrado

Schrado Creative and Prison Server Admin Staff Member Game Admin Skyblock Moderator SMP Recruiter

It would be nice if this could be an option. I would like to be able to set up the world so I could fly around and look at all the builds.

17. Muxee

As I understand it, when the map has been downloaded and you have added it in Single Player, you can choose to play in creative or survival mode with a command?
    With the cheat-codes/commands, I guess you can choose it in your Single Player options?
    I haven't played in Single Player, for a very, very long time, so I can't remember all the settings and commands. :oops:

I have just looked it up, and here are the commands that can be used in Single Player - and as I remember, some of the commands, like the game modes, it is working without the mentioned mod as well:

Mods/Single Player Commands

18. Krentoc

Krentoc Log Puncher

for single player
    if it is stuck in survival mode then hit esc then open to lan and allow cheats to enable cheats

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Muxee

Thank you Krentoc, that was very helpful. :cool:
    Heh, I didn't knew that. :oops:

20. Ross

Ross Log Puncher

Uhhhh I think you're reading a lot more into what I asked than I actually said. I just wanted to know if the change to creative was just creative or if gamemode-switching was enabled like on the open creative server, I wasn't saying that making it creative was necessarily bad.

• Like Like x 1