IMboog's Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMboog

Lab Crew
Time for a story...... as you know I quit Minecraft around November-December to play the new Call of Duty. I've been having a blast on COD but things are just getting a little boring, so, I decided to hop back on Minecraft. To summarize these first 2 sentences; I quit in, lets say November, and I have just rejoined the server after nearly 3 months of inactivity. My first reaction when joining the server was "lets see whos playing skyblock". I join into skyblock and to my surprise there was only 1 person online, ChoiceCraftGaming. This fellow skyblock player greets me with "hi" and I reply with something along the lines of "wow, its be awhile". After we have our little meet and greet, I decide to test if a 'glitch' still worked (this 'glitch' got me a 12 hour ban back in November, by a staff named Lotus). After testing I concluded that server staff did a wonderful job by patching this 'glitch'. Ill admit, I made a bad choice by saying "they fixed the glitch" in chat, but other than that it was a harmless comment, OR SO I THOUGHT! I went back to the hub and decided to check out survival for the first time. At this moment I was thinking "wow survival is finally open, lets see if Ben is online". Upon joining, I was greeted by the one and only Ben_Shapiro with "Boooooog!", this comment by Ben made me smile. But within the first 30 seconds I look down in chat and see a STAFF member by the nickname "BigHoss" say "IMboog, F*ck you" my response to this was "k". Soon after this event, I was permanently banned from the server, I was in shock. First of all, I was wondering what kind of staff member would swear/insult a fellow player. Secondly, the reason of ban said "duping", this really confused me. I hopped onto discord and started texting in the survival chat and basically said I was innocent. A notification popped up on my phone, a message from Kennardinbound, I could only assume this was the staff that banned me. I don't want to quote the whole conversation we had, so ill quickly paraphrase; Kennard said "why would you come back online knowing you would get banned", IMboog "I never duped, I'm innocent", Kennard "okay, my bad, ill unban". This was an extreme relief. I rejoin the server and greet a long time no see friend, Ben. After this, I was asking some arguable relevant and good questions in chat, some being "is pvp enabled?", "is tnt on?" , and "is greifing allowed?". The same staff that false banned me did not like the questions/jokes I was asking/saying (I said 1 joke, this was it "I don't have my hack client on, ill lose" in response to dueling Ben). Around 5min later, I noticed that the spawn in resource world was unclaimed. I notified chat and asked 1 player "I dare you to break the diamonds", BigHoss (Kennard) followed up by muting me for 60min. At this point I was thinking I deserved it, so I went back to my /home and made 3 signs. The first one said "RULE 1. Make sure BigHoss is not online", second said "Common Questions. Whos BigHoss? Why?", and I did not get to place the third one because I got a 24hour ban. One weird detail right before I got banned was the chat, BigHoss said "IMboog, why don't you take a 1 day break" then BOOM, "the ban hammer has spoken". This really cheezed me off, I went to discord and messaged kennard, I said "Now explain to me what rule I broke" his response was "ill make it perm", The chat practically ended here. In conclusion, I received no explanation on why my ban happened nor what I did wrong. Final thought, I did say some stuff that deserved a mute, BUT A 24HOUR BAN, COME ON!. BigHoss should have at least provided a reason for ban and for him to make the comment, "IMboog, why don't you take a 1 day break", I feel absolutely insulted. In my opinion staff should always provide a reason for ban because it allows the banned player to build off of the rule they broke. How do I know what to avoid so this ban never happens again. Oh ya! 1 more thing after falsely being banned for duping I check the survival chat and this staff had the audacity to say "I'm sure, this guy was part of a duping glitch on skyblock" in response to bens question "are you sure". Why is this staff member not double checking the player he is about to ban, this is straight up abuse. Please unban, I don't deserve it. Mute me instead. THANKS FOR READING "Story Time With IMboog"!

Kennardinbound

Staff member
Lab Crew
"BigHoss" say "IMboog, F*ck you" my response to this was "k".
I said "Fuck Off" not Fuck you. And you joined SkyBlock. I said Hi, You might've said hi back i wasn't paying attention. then i see you type "the glitch doesn't work", and you switched to survival. My first thought was you were a part of the Duping group coming back to see if it worked. Hence the reason i banned you. After a short conversation i apologized when i realized my mistake and unbanned you. I also had a conversation with you about what you shouldn't say. and pointed out that "The glitch doesn't work" wasn't something good. Shortly after this, you joke about Hacked clients, talk about creating cobblestone monsters (Just griefing). I reminded you in chat AGAIN about saying stupid stuff. You proceeded to try and break the spawn on resource world, It broke. you then alerted everyone on the server that it was breakable and wasn't claimed (which wasn't an issue until you brought it to everyone's attention). I said Not a good idea when you encouraged others to break it. You then followed it up with "I dare you". At this point i muted you for an hour for a time to cool off. Then you started creating signs with intent to break the rules once I was offline. At this point I gave you a 24 hour ban.

Unless another staff member wants to remove the temp ban. Its going to stay.
I ask that you please try and reflect on what got you muted/Banned and instead of looking for ways to start trouble, you just try and have fun. Thats what we are all here for!

Thanks,

IMboog

Lab Crew
I said "Fuck Off" not Fuck you. And you joined SkyBlock. I said Hi, You might've said hi back i wasn't paying attention. then i see you type "the glitch doesn't work", and you switched to survival. My first thought was you were a part of the Duping group coming back to see if it worked. Hence the reason i banned you. After a short conversation i apologized when i realized my mistake and unbanned you. I also had a conversation with you about what you shouldn't say. and pointed out that "The glitch doesn't work" wasn't something good. Shortly after this, you joke about Hacked clients, talk about creating cobblestone monsters (Just griefing). I reminded you in chat AGAIN about saying stupid stuff. You proceeded to try and break the spawn on resource world, It broke. you then alerted everyone on the server that it was breakable and wasn't claimed (which wasn't an issue until you brought it to everyone's attention). I said Not a good idea when you encouraged others to break it. You then followed it up with "I dare you". At this point i muted you for an hour for a time to cool off. Then you started creating signs with intent to break the rules once I was offline. At this point I gave you a 24 hour ban.

Unless another staff member wants to remove the temp ban. Its going to stay.
I ask that you please try and reflect on what got you muted/Banned and instead of looking for ways to start trouble, you just try and have fun. Thats what we are all here for!

Thanks,

~Warm Regards
You did say "F*ck off" instead of "F*ck you", I apologize for my mistake. The "conversation" you had with me basically went "don't say stupid stuff" and I agreed with you. I brought this issue up in my appeal, I agreed on the fact that i was pushing buttons with what i was saying but THIS IS WHY /MUTE is A THING! bans are for breaking the rules and mutes are to control what people say, I understand why you muted me at first but why the ban? Im confused about the cobble monster part in your reply...... I specifically asked you "can I make a cobble monster as my house?" and you said "ya, you can make anything". My intent was not to grief, you saying "(just greifing)" is you assuming....... you cant assume that. The evidence showing I was going to grief is non existent, BECAUSE I WASNT! Moving on to resource world. My comment about how u can break the spawn was to notify the staff so that this could get fixed.... and the block I broke was instantly replaced, I TOOK NOTHING. Lets talk about the 24hour ban. Again, why are you assuming that I was going to do something? If you actually waited for me to write the signs, i was writing that you were being mean and unfair. SIMPLE! Staff should gather evidence for a ban, they shouldn't be banning because they think someone is going to do something.

I don't want to start trouble. I enjoy playing on this server whenever I have a chance/feel like it. but why do you think I'm a troll? i have a lot of hours played on this server, why would I waste my time like that?

Thanks, IMboog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.