End of an Era

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EmrysK, Jul 28, 2016.

1. EmrysK

EmrysK Server Owner Staff Member Veteran

In 2010, I picked up this odd little indy game that was still in beta. It was basically legos with zombies, and you could build whatever you want, a complete sandbox. After poking around in single player for two weeks, I gave up Minecraft forever... until I discovered multiplayer. I found a neat little whitelist server called Minecraft.dk, and that would set my path for the next six years. My team built competitively against other teams to build the most spectacular, grandiose builds we could. Some of our best competition came from Sandal's team, and Scavy's team. Scavy got selected to be an Admin, and Sandal and I eventually wound up as Senior Mods.

In late 2011, Scavy joined Nikmi and Claush to start a Skyblock server, I got promoted to Admin at MC.dk, and Sandal went off to start his Spinning Pig Factions server. Before long, we started talking about how we could bring it all together into the big, grand idea that became ChoiceCraft. By July of 2012, ChoiceCraft was rocketing out of the starting gate. With great volunteer staff and admins, an awesome community, and lots of excitement, we couldn't add new server styles fast enough.

But great things don't last forever. The EULA changes last year killed many Minecraft servers, and the Bukkit fiasco ruined the Minecraft community's trust in Mojang. With Microsoft now in charge, Mojang is focusing on small servers and leaving us and ours out in the cold. ChoiceCraft has weathered the changes for as long and as much as we could. But the community that we've loved for so many years has dwindled, and everyone, all the way up to myself, Scavy and Sandal have been moving on to other interests and other projects.

So it is with both sadness and a fair amount of relief that I am announcing the closure of ChoiceCraft, effective October 26, 2016. We will be going out of our way to open up all the donor perks to every player, and putting in lots of extras for our remaining players to enjoy. Anything we can do to help (including free block giveaways, perks, etc) so that you can finish your projects will be given, and staff will have extra priveleges to help make it happen. We will also make download links available so that you can keep your builds if you'd like.

So it is an end of an era. I'm looking at you, dear community, to help us with one last hurrah. We're going to pull out all the stops to help you finish your projects, and leave on a high note. So we'll see you in the game!

http://choicegaming.net/threads/stay-in-touch.31904/

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pesky_Penguin

Pesky_Penguin Global Admin of Minecraft Staff Member Global Admin

Sad day:(

I learned how to play the game on this server. I literally got the game to play with my roommate on ChoiceCraft lol. Been here ever since. Thanks for everything! It has been a blast.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Schrado

Schrado Creative and Prison Server Admin Staff Member Game Admin Skyblock Moderator SMP Recruiter

CC is my home server. I have never found another multiplayer server that I liked as much as CC. I will miss many of you!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ryan Rodman

Ryan Rodman Log Puncher

I'm very sad to be reading this and it breaks my heart to see something die like this. I'm going to miss every single one of you! This network had such a close bond that nothing could break us apart. But something terrible happened that threw everyone over. Such a sad day indeed. If anyone wants to add me on Skype to keep in touch my skype name is dread15146. I'll miss you all. Until we can play again!
    Love - dread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ryan Rodman

Ryan Rodman Log Puncher

I'll miss you too!! ;-; </3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. IceWolfAlex

IceWolfAlex Game Admin Game Admin

Choicecraft is the only server I've ever played properly as I never found another quite like it. Its a sad day but it's been a fantastic time...Thanks for the fun, friends and memories!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. T3RMinatorZ

T3RMinatorZ New Member

I will miss you guys so much, thank you for the awesome server there's no server like it

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. browe99

browe99 Dirt Digger

:(:(:(:(

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheYognot

TheYognot Dirt Digger Skyblock Moderator

It was a lot of fun for me over the years. Sad to see it go but everything comes to an end eventually. Thanks everyone for the fun! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. ColeIshDank

ColeIshDank New Member

I came across choice craft also five years ago... It was my first ever minecraft server and on this server I made some of the best friends anyone could ask for. I'm extremely sad to see it going... I don't really know what to say at this point... Thank you to all the staff who made this possible... And to everyone I call a close friend I love you all. Current IGN: Baeza. If anyone would like to add me on Skype feel free, Cole_lb13

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Olympus989

Olympus989 Dirt Digger

Holy ****

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. s4ndal

s4ndal Server Owner Staff Member Veteran

What a ride eh folks?

Starting with a fun little beta and meeting friends and watching this thing evolve into something big! I have met lifelong friends, I have learned a lot, and I got to be part of something truly fun!

@EmrysK and @Scavy have been amazing to work with! All of the Global Admins, Game Admins, Developers, Tech Admins, Mods, Helpers, and the entire community has made this experience and soon to be memory wonderful. We have had our drama, but all the good times greatly outweigh those things... Lets make sure we end this thing with a blast!

I cannot thank everyone enough and I truly am going to miss ChoiceCraft.

Feel free to catch me on Steam! Username: s4ndal

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. pikkilo

pikkilo Log Puncher

I am happy that I got to experience ChoiceCraft's friendly and welcoming community, starting with skyblock where I met my first friends, later on osmp, wl-smp and factions. I'll be forever thankful for all the good times and funny moments I've been through here.
    All the friends I've made have helped me better my life! I won't bother mentioning anyone because you all know who you are! :)

For anyone still wanting to keep in touch with me, you can add me on:
    League of Legends (euw) : pikkilo / secretagentpikk
    Steam : pikkilo
    Basically if you find a pikkilo online, it's probably me or someone who's close to me.

Thank you all again for these years.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Theramh

Theramh IslandPvP Admin Staff Member Game Admin

Thank you everyone for the amazing time here on ChoiceCraft. I am especially thankful for all the people I've met and for the opportunity to be a part of the staff team.

I will never forget keeping the nether top safe with everyone on HG, building my island from the tinyest block to a giant castle, and restarting it again on Island PvP, starting this huge project on OSMP that we could never finish, or briefly stopping by SB and Facs to say hi ;)

Thanks everyone, for all the memories and good times, and thanks to the owners for starting everything.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. apneljo

apneljo Log Puncher

This server has been my "home away from home" for such a long time and to see it go is truly sad...
    Thank you, all of you, who has made this server a place to free myself from every day life, to a place where I could
    just stop by and have a nice friendly conversation.

Of course a huge thanks to the amazing staff members who has always been there to clean up in the masses and to make
    sure the servers were running smoothly.

Much love to all of you guys.

On a personal note, this goes to the person who I know I've hurt in the past.
    I don't know if you're ever going to read this, but I am truly sorry for doing what I did to you, you know who you are.

Sincerely,
    apneljo.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Prime

Prime Dirt Digger

really sad to see the server go after all these years ;(

YOU WILL BE MISSED

• Like Like x 1
  17. CasualOtaku

CasualOtaku Open SMP Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin Skyblock Moderator

I have to admit I'm sad to see CC go, but I also understand. Minecraft just isn't what it used to be. I like to think we had a good run. I can still remember lurking about for hours on end, keeping an eye on things from the shadows. I'm still amazed I became an Admin and I can't thank you all enough for being an online family. Feel free to hit me up on Steam, I'm CasualOtaku on there as well. Maybe one day I'll actually get a modern multiplayer game just so I can see some of my "Little Steves" once in a while.

In the meantime though I hope you all have a great time in these last remaining weeks. Maybe finish those epic projects and take pictures for prosperity! I'd love to see them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Black Banned

Black Banned New Member BANNED

19. HeartTwizzler

HeartTwizzler Log Puncher

cry cry sad sad boohoo insert sad text here about fun times and sh*t

also rip

K time for some real talk
    It's pesky's fault that the server is shitty now

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. 3265MNE

3265MNE Dirt Digger

I am really quite sad to see ChoiceCraft go...
    I have been playing on this server for almost the past three years, and I have enjoyed every second of it.
    I am very thankful for that; for while it was open, ChoiceCraft was a great place to play, and a great community to play with.
    Thank you to everyone I've been online with over these years, players and staff alike!

If you would like to contact me, you could say hello via:
    E-mail: 3265MNE@gmail.com
    Steam: 3265MNE

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1